“Sports 10’s Finish Line Frenzy Contest”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
HOW TO ENTER
- The “Sports 10’s Finish Line Frenzy Contest” will begin Sunday, February 15, 2015 and end on Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 2:45pm ET.
- To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s):
A. Enter via the WTHITV.com Contest page.
- The Station/UPICKEM is not responsible for Internet transmission errors, illegible entries, service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent transmitting his/her entry.
- One entry per household.
HOW TO PLAY
For each race, pick the drivers you think will finish in 1st through 10th place for the race. Picks must be submitted 15 minutes before the race is scheduled to start. Entrants will be awarded points depending on how the driver’s they select finish the race. 1st place is worth 150 points, 2nd place is worth 125 points, 3rd place is worth 100 points, 4th place is worth 80 points, 5th place is worth 78 points, with the number of points being reduced by 2 points for each subsequent place from 6th place (76 points ) to 43rd place (2 points). Drivers who finish in 44th place and beyond will not receive any points. The total points for the ten drivers you selected for the race becomes the Team Score. There is a 25 point bonus for each driver that comes in the exact place you picked the driver to finish, e.g., if you picked a driver to finish in 2nd place and the driver finishes in 2nd place, you will receive a 25 point bonus to the Team Score.
1 Daytona 500 2/22/2015
2 Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 3/1/2015
3 Kobalt Tools 400 3/8/2015
4 Camping World 500 3/15/2015
5 Auto Club 400 3/22/2015
6 STP Gas Booster 500 3/29/2015
7 Duck Commander 500 4/11/2015
8 Food City 500 4/19/2015
9 Toyota Owners 400 4/25/2015
10 Talledega 500 5/3/2015
11 5-Hour Energy 400 5/9/2015
12 Sprint All-Star Race, (not the Showdown) 5/16/2015
13 Coca-Cola 600 5/24/2015
14 Dover 400 5/31/2015
15 Pocono 400 6/7/2015
16 Quicken Loans 400 6/14/2015
17 Toyota/Savemart 350 6/28/2015
18 Coke Zero 400 7/5/2015
19 Quaker State 400 7/11/2015
20 Camping World RV Sales 301 7/19/2015
21 Brickyard 400 7/26/2015
22 Pennsylvania 400 8/2/2015
23 CHEEZ-IT 355 at the Glen 8/9/2015
24 Pure Michigan 400 8/16/2015
25 Irwin Tools Night Race 8/22/2015
26 Bojangles’ Southern 500 9/6/2015
27 Federated Auto Parts 400 9/12/2015
28 MyAFibStory.com 400 9/20/2015
29 Sylvania 300 9/27/2015
30 AAA 400 10/4/2015
31 Bank of America 500 10/10/2015
32 Hollywood Casino 400 10/18/2015
33 GEICO 500 10/25/2015
34 Goody’s Headache Relief Shot 500 11/1/2015
35 AAA Texas 500 11/8/2015
36 Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 11/15/2015
37 FORD ECOBOOST 400 11/22/2015
Limit one (1) registration per person, and one entry per person, per race from that registration.
- The contest is open to all WTHI-TV / myFOX10 viewers & WTHITV.com / myFOX10tv.com users, who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside in the following Indiana counties Clay, Daviess, Greene, Knox, Martin, Parke, Sullivan, Vermillion, and Vigo or the following Illinois counties Clark, Crawford, Cumberland, Edgar, Jasper, Lawrence, and Richland. Employees of WTHI-TV (the “Station”), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other television stations in the Terre Haute area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest.
- Winners of this contest are not eligible to win additional prizes in future submission periods.
- Winners will be required to fill out contest eligibility forms and show proof of ID to obtain their prize.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- A. The Local Weekly Winner will receive a Sports 10 Dusty’s Transmission T-Shirt with an approximate retail value of $10.
B. The local user with the highest total score after the Camping World RV Sales 301 7/19/2015 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway will receive a pair of tickets to the 2015 Brickyard 400 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 26th, 2015, approximate retail value at $84.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 10 business days of the end of the contest period.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Each week the local winner win the most points will recieve the local weekly prize
- Your total score for the Contest will be the combined sum of your best 15 races for the national prize. The local user with the highest total score after the Camping World RV Sales 301 7/19/2015 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway will receive a pair of tickets to the 2015 Brickyard 400 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 26th, 2015, approximate retail value at $84. will be the local winner.
If there is a tie for the most points for a race, the tie breaker will be based first on which tied entrant had the most drivers picked in the correct place for the race. If there is still a tie, the entrant who picked the highest place correct will be declared the winner. If there is still a tie, the computer will randomly select a winner from the remaining entrants that are still tied after the first two tie-breakers.
If there are ties for overall score, the entrant with the most points for the most recent race will be declared the winner. If there is a tie, the computer will continue comparing race points for the most recent previous races, one-by-one, until a winner is selected. If any entrant are tied for all the races, the computer will randomly select a winner from the entrants that are tied for all races.
Points are awarded for the drivers, not cars. If a entrant picks a driver who qualified for race and a new driver took his/her place before the start of the race, the entrant must pick the new driver. Entrants will not receive points even though the new driver may be racing the car of the driver that the entrant selected. And, if the new driver is not in the list of drivers that can be picked then no entrants shall have the ability to pick that driver.
Weekly winners are not posted until the official governing body for the race has released the official race results and any modifications to the finish order have been made. This can be anywhere from 24 to 48 hours after the conclusion of the race. Any modifications to the race results after the official race results are posted will not be considered.
The local user with the highest total score after the Camping World RV Sales 301 7/19/2015 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway will receive a pair of tickets to the 2015 Brickyard 400 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 26th, 2015, approximate retail value at $84.
- Winners will be contacted via email and/or phone.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Website’s Terms of Service apply to any online portions of this Contest.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. “If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.”
- Failure to comply with the contest rules or the Station’s website Terms of Service may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, WTHI-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entry into the contest means you understand that you are providing your information to the WTHI-TV/LIN Media, the contest sponsor, and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used by WTHI-TV and the sponsor and no liability to Facebook shall be inferred.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available
during regular business hours at the main studio of WTHI-TV, 800 Ohio Street, Terre Haute, IN 47807
Sponsor(s): (Local) Dusty’s Transmission Service in Terre Haute, Indiana